Do you suffer from sleep apnea disorder? Sleep apnea is a breathing disorder that occurs while you sleep. It may be the result of signals not reaching your chest properly, or something simpler than that, such as a blocked airway.
Here are some sleep apnea risk factors to consider:
– Nasal blockages and obstructions, including a deviated septum, can heighten your risk for sleep apnea.
– Sleep apnea disorder can be brought about by an irregular-sized portion of your body, including oversized tonsils, a large tongue, or a small jaw.
– As you age, you become more prone to sleep apnea disorder.
– As with many health disorders, you risk for sleep apnea can be based on your genetics and family history of the disorder.
– Your probability of sleep apnea can be increased if you are often the victim of sinus problems or nasal allergies.
– Although oral health disorders can occur to anyone, they are traditionally most common in men.
No matter which option for your sleep apnea care you choose, Dr. Brenda E. Howard and our team at Blissful Dental will make sure that you receive the care and quality your smile requires. If you would like to come visit us at our dentist office in Lanham, Maryland, please schedule an appointment at 301.552.2662. Let us help you find your healthy smile.