If you are struggling with bad breath, it could be the result of improper treatments for your oral health care. Not only can oral health hygiene routines help to treat bad breath, but they can also help to prevent it in the first place. The following is a checklist of things you can do to help improve your oral health and treat or prevent bad breath:
– It’s important to visit your dentist every time you suspect that you may be suffering from by bread.
– Saliva flow is essential for removing debris that can contribute to bad breath.
– If you smoke tobacco, get rid of the habit immediately.
– Make sure that your tongue is always cleaned to remove bacteria on it, which contributes to bad breath.
– Implement an effective oral hygiene routine that includes brushing and flossing every day.
– Therapeutic mouthwash has been shown to eliminate bacteria that can cause bad breath.
– If you are wearing dentures, they can often harbor bacteria that will lead to bad breath, so they must be cleaned on a daily basis.
If you want to experience the joys of bad breath prevention at Blissful Dental, simply call Dr. Brenda E. Howard and our team at 301.552.2662 to schedule an appointment at our dental office in Lanham, Maryland.