The time is now to start watching for oral health risks that could potentially be disastrous for your teeth and gums. With all the buzz whipped up for the holiday season, protect yourself and your teeth from having it all come crashing down. A single bad tooth could ruin your holidays.
Keep your teeth safe this holiday season. Consider taking the following steps to protect yourself this season:
– As candy canes become larger and larger, the risk of tooth damage becomes greater and greater.
– If you are considering have your tongue pierced, many metal bars and brackets used for cosmetic piercings can easily crack or chip your teeth.
– The holiday season can be stressful at times, but don’t resort to biting on your nails, which can fracture your teeth.
– Hard candies are a staple of most holiday treats, so be cautious when biting into them, or you may suffer an oral accident.
– Try to avoid chewing on ice this winter. Ice cubes, hard snow, and icicles can all crack, chip, or damage your teeth.
– If you are considering sports such as ice skating, skiing, or hockey, always remember to wear a mouth guard.
Take care of your teeth and gums this holidays season, and they will reward you with many more joyous seasons to come. If you are looking for fantastic dental services, our office at Blissful Dental is located in Lanham, Maryland. To make an appointment with Dr. Brenda E. Howard, please call our team at 301.552.2662. Our wonderful team is here to help you get the smile you desire!